Monday, March 30, 2009
This place is so cool. Even if you don't give a darn about the books, it's such a fun thing to have high tea. Every time I go there I see a pattern of china some relative had when I was a kid.
And the food, whew, it's wonderful. Those little tea sandwiches are the best. Along with warm homemade scones, your favorite tea, soup, desert. A real deal and a fun time. We hope everyone mingles and has the best fun ever. Now that would make me happy. The Palm Beach post just listed our event in the Accent section. Gosh I hope a lot of people come and we raise the joint in laughter.
Love to see you there, please come!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
assured the workers I would not hold them up for long, but this was
the proper thing to do. The workers gathered around, still eating
their lunch. I played out my heart and soul.
played the workers began to weep. I played, and I played, like
I'd never played before: From My Home and The Lord is my Shepherd
to Flowers of the Forest
I closed the lengthy session with Amazing Grace and walked to
As I was opening the door and taking off my coat, I
overheard one of the workers saying to another, "I never
seen nothin' like that before--and I've been putting in
septic tanks for twenty years."
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
We all have so many things on our minds. I have the worry gene inherited from my mother. No matter
what I will worry about it. I think it would be good to stop and chuckle a bit.
So today I want you to laugh. Maybe this might help
In Florida, an atheist created a case against the upcoming Easter and Passover holy days. He hired an attorney to bring a discrimination case against Christians, Jews and observances of their holy days. The argument was that it was unfair that atheists had no such recognized days.
The case was brought before a judge. After listening to the passionate presentation by the lawyer, the judge banged his gavel declaring, "Case dismissed!"
The lawyer immediately stood objecting to the ruling saying, "Your honor, how can you possibly dismiss this case? The Christians have Christmas, Easter and others. The Jews have Passover, Yom Kippur and Hanukkah, yet my client and all other atheists have no such holidays."
The judge leaned forward in his chair saying, "But you do. Your client, counsel, is woefully ignorant." The lawyer said, "Your Honor, we are unaware of any special observance or holiday for atheists."
The judge said, "The calendar says April 1st is April Fools Day. Psalm 14:1 states, 'The fool says in his heart, there is no God.' Thus, it is the opinion of this court, that if your client says there is no God, then he is a fool. Therefore, April 1st is his day. Court is adjourned."
You gotta love a Judge that knows his scripture!
This is too good not to forward.
It was an ID ten T error
I was having trouble with my computer. So I called Richard, the 11 year
Old next door whose bedroom looks like Mission Control, and asked him to
Richard clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem.
As he was walking away, I called after him, 'So, what was wrong?
He replied, 'It was an ID ten T error.'
I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired, 'An, ID
Ten T error? What's that? In case I need to fix it again.'
Richard grinned. 'Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error
No,' I replied.
'Write it down,' he said, 'and I think you'll figure it
So I wrote down: I D 1 0 T
I used to like the little shit.
NOTHING HAS CHANGEDAbsolutely profound. (Humor based on truth)1. In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress.
-- John Adams
2. If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.
-- Mark Twain
3. Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But then I repeat myself.-- Mark Twain
4. I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill
5. A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw
6. A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money.
-- G. Gordon Liddy
7. Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
-- James Bovard, Civil Libertarian (1994)
Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries.
-- Douglas Casey, Classmate of Bill Clinton at Georgetown University
9. Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
-- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian
10. Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
-- Frederic Bastiat, French Economist (1801-1850)
11. Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
-- Ronald Reagan (1986)
12. I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.
-- Will Rogers
13. If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free!
-- P.J. O'Rourke
14. In general, the art of government consists of taking as much money as possible from one party of the citizens to give to the other.
-- Voltaire (1764)
15. Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-- Pericles (430 B.C.)
16. No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session.
-- Mark Twain (1866)
17. Talk is cheap...except when Congress does it.
18. The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other.
-- Ronald Reagan
19. The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of the blessings. The inherent blessing of socialism is the equal sharing of misery.
-- Winston Churchill
20. The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin.
-- Mark Twain
21. The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
22. There is no distinctly native American criminal class...save Congress.
-- Mark Twain
23. What this country needs are more unemployed politicians.
-- Edward Langley, Artist (1928-1995)
24. A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Saturday, March 14, 2009
I know that it will go by so fast, just like all good experiences do. We plan them forever it seems, and zing, they're over. But, thank heavens for photos, and a good memory. That I will have friends to share it with, just makes it all that much better.
This is gonna be fun. I wish a lot of other people I know could come. I have to call in my reservation too!
www.serenitygardentea.com Take a look
Multiple Author Book Signing Event
April 4, 2009 11:30 am-2:30 pm
The Serenity Garden Tea House
316 Valette Way, West Palm Beach, Florida
Mary Ricksen, Time Travel Romance
Patrice Wilton, Contemporary Romance
Jianne Carlo, Suspenseful Spicy Romance
Traci Hall, Young Adult/Paranormal Romance
Mona Risk, Contemporary Romance in Exotic Settings
Dayana Knight, Paranormal/Erotic Romance
For Reservation call 561-655-3911 (Max. 50 $22.45/guest Visa/Master Card
Friday, March 6, 2009
The authors write romance; contemporary, young adult, paranormal, erotic suspense, and even time travel. The authors will be available to answer questions about writing, to make suggestions, have a raffle, and sign books. We encourage mingling.
The tea house is an amazing place. Kind of shabby sheik, when you look around, you can surely find your grandmother or your mothers china. The food is fabulous, there are teas I have never heard of in my life. And the scones, they're killer.
To ensure you will be able to participate in "High Tea" you will have to make a reservation. More to follow.